August 1, 2014

July wrap up

Hey there! It's time for my monthly wrap up of the books I've read in July. I've read a total of 6 books and I'm really happy about that, since three of them were pretty big. Now, let's talk about the books!

Sally Green - Half Bad (Half Life, #1) ♥♥♥
I gave this book 3 out of 5 hearts. I enjoyed reading it, but I thought it wasn't that interesting or exciting. Halfway through the book I realized we hadn't gotten anywhere in the story and I got a bit bored with it. But this book is well written and I feel this book could be a great intro into the rest of the series. But for me, it's not more than an intro.

George R. R. Martin - A Game of Thrones (A song of Ice and Fire, #1) ♥♥♥♥♥
This was as good as I remember. The world building is flawless, the characters super interesting. When I've read this book for the first time I often was confused with all the characters, but now I've read it for the second time and I've seen the TV series and I liked the book even better, probably because I know all the characters already. Loved it.

Karin Slaughter - Undone (Will Trent, #3) ♥♥♥+0,5
This is a re-read too and I enjoyed reading it again. I love the suspense in her books and this book wasn't an exception. I do get annoyed sometimes with all the stuff that happens to the characters. But most of them bring the misery upon themselves, this can be frustrating for the reader and this is one of the reasons I only (re-)read a book of her a month and not more.

Michael Grant - Messenger of Fear ♥♥♥♥
This book was an advanced reader copy I got from the American Book Center to review, so the review will be posted on my blog as soon it's on theirs!

Richelle Mead - Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) ♥♥♥
This was a fun and quick read, which I needed after reading all the big books. I enjoyed it very much and I'll continue the series. I wasn't blown away by the story and I kinda felt a bit to old to read it from time to time. But it's enjoyable and I can imagine I would've loved this when I was a teenager.

Cassandra Clare - City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) ♥♥♥♥+0,5
Okay, I liked this book soooo much better than City of Ashes. There was a lot of action and stuff going on, I loved finding out the truth about some topics and I like how this book ended. I can't say a lot without spoilers, but Clary and Jace... I'm so happy how this turned out before it got too awkward, lol. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. You can expect it on my TBR for August!

No comments:

Post a Comment