February 17, 2014

The Book Buying Tag

My favorite corner in our Apartment.
When I was watching Booktubes last sunday I saw a lot of videos with The Book Buying Tag. Apparently Megan Olivier thought it up and you can find her video right here. Make sure to check it out.

1. Where do you buy your books from?
Most of of the time I but my books on Bol.com. I've got a huge wishlist there (there's a link on the top of my blog), but I love to go to the local bookstores like The American Book Center in Amsterdam and Waterstones, also in Amsterdam.

2. Do you ever pre orders book and if so do you do this in store or online?
Nope, never. I did go to the bookstore in the middle of the night once, to pick up the newest Harry Potter book.

3. On average, how many books do you buy a month?
It depends on my income and the amount of TBR's I have, but I think right now the average is 3.

4. Do you use your local library?
Nope, I'm from the Netherlands and I like to read in English. They do have an English section, but it's limited. And they often didn't have the books I wanted.

5. If so- how my books can you/do you borrow at a time?
It used to be 10 for 4 weeks, not sure if it's still like that.

6. What is your opinion on library books?
Awesome if you don't have a lot of money and love to read, I just wish they had a bigger English section.

7. How do you feel about charity shop/second hand books?
Love it. I often go thriftshopping with my parents where I'm always on the look out for books. But, the books have to be in good (ehmm.. perfect) condition and preferably hardcover.

8. Do you keep your read and TBR pile together/on the same book shelf or not?
I like to keep my series together, so it's on the same shelf.

9. Do you plan to read all of the books that you own?
Yes. The reason that I bought them is to read them.

10. What do you do with books you that you own that you feel you will never read/felt you did not enjoy?
I donate them or I sell them on a fleemarket.
 

11. Have you ever donated books?
Yes.

12. Have you ever been on a book buying ban?
Not really, when I have an expensive month I'll just buy less, but not just books.

13. Do you feel that you buy too many books?
No, as long as I read them all, they're a good buy ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment