February 28, 2014

February Wrap Up

This month, I've read a total of 6 books. A lot more than last months 3 books, right ;) I'm right on schedule for my reading challenge (50 books in 2014). These are the ones I've read:
  1. Karin Slaughter - A Faint Cold Fear (Grant County #3)
  2. John Green - An Abundance of Kathrines
  3. Chelsea Cain - Kill You Twice (Gretchen Lowel #5)
  4. Karin Slaughter - Indelible (Grant County #4) (e-book)
  5. Michael Scott - The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #3)
  6. Cinda Williams Chima - The Demon King (Seven Realms #1)
I didn't really like A Faint Cold Fear compared to the previous books in the Grant County series, I didn't really felt like the story pulled together and I was really annoyed by Lena. I did like Indelible though, the next book in the series. I liked going back in time and learn more about Jeffreys past.

I've read An Abundance of Kathrines with high expectations after reading The Fault in our Stars, but I wasn't that impressed with this book. From time to time I got bored and I found myself 'scanning' the pages in stead of reading them. I did liked the references and footnotes in this books, those made it a bit funny. I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars on GoodReads. Not bad, but not as amazing as I thought it would be.

Kill You Twice was awesome, it was gruesome and bloody. I like that. I liked the chemistry between Archie and Gretchen and I liked to find out more of Gretchen's past. It has a fair share of twists and I can't wait to read the next book! It's gonna have another character in it and I would like to see her develop. I'm not spoiling anything.. ;)

The Sorceress was as good as the other books of the series about Nicholas Flamel. It was fast paced and filled with action, mythology and history, heroes and villains. I loved it.

The last book I read this month was The Demon King and I loved it. The characters are awesome the world they live in intriguing. I was sucked in this book the moment I started it and I picked it up every free minute I had. Thank God I've bought the boxed set, so I don't have to wait for the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment